Tuesday, December 24, 2013

3D Paper Stars!

Today's creation looks like a simple card, but it was a little bit more work than just that.  Using my Silhouette, I cut out three stars.  Once the stars were cut out, I scored them the top of the point to the center of the star.  I did this for each of the five points and then I fold on the score lines.  After I fold all five points, I then took two of the points together and creased them.  Again, I did this with all five points and this is what makes it a 3D star.  I did find a video that I will post at the bottom of my blog.  The directions are not exactly like the ones that I followed, but it will still be helpful.  Once the 3D stars were finished, I punched out three smaller stars for the card.  To finish the card, I used my Big Shot to cut out the word "Merry" with the expression thinlits and run the overlay through to emboss it with strips.   I then stamped "Christmas" in the middle of one of the strips so it lined up with Merry.  This card turned out great.  I didn't know if the stars were going to turn out first, but they did.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment