Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wow, where has the year gone?  It doesn't seem possible that 2013 is coming to an end in less than 3 hours. It seems like the years go by faster the older I get.  2013 was a great year for me though.  I got engaged and my best friend moved back home.  Many other great things have happened as well, but I don't want to bore you with it all.  Anyway, let's discuss the final creation for 2013.

When I think of New Year's, I think of fireworks and the ball being dropped in Time Square so I decided to use the starbrust technique.  I cut 2" strips of designer paper and then cut them into triangles.  Once I had enough triangles, I ran my overlay through my Xyron so that it had adhesive all over it.  I then laid the triangles onto the overlay having them all meet at the same point in middle.  After the overlay was covered with designer paper, I cut off the extra paper that hung over the edges.  To finish the card, I stamped 3 flowers from the Flower Shop stamp set and 3 flowers from the Petite Petals stamp set and adhered them together with a dimensionals.  This card couldn't have turned out better if I tried.  This was a great card to end 2013 with.  I can't wait to embark on my 365 project this year.  The last 6 months were only for practice to see if I could keep up with it.  I have proven to myself that I can do this project no matter what kind of day I am having.  I hope you have enjoyed seeing all my cards just as much as I have enjoyed creating them.  Lastly, I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment