Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

Wow, 2014.  I still can't believe another year has past, but we have a lot doing on this year.  One of my best friends is getting married in October and in March, I am welcoming my first nephew into the world.  Plus we are planning our own wedding so it will be a busy, but exciting and fun year all at the same time.  Well enough about what is going to happen this upcoming year and let's discuss the first creation in 2014.

Since today is the 1st day of the year, I decided to stamp "Make a Wish" from the Perfect Pennants stamp set, since everyone is setting their new goals/resolutions and making wishes for the upcoming year, onto a banner that I cut out using my framelits.  Using my Big Shot again, I cut out the backing for the banner as using the next size banner framelit from the one that the stamp is on.  Once the banners were done, I cut three 1" strips of paper of paper and then used my hexagon punch to make them look like banners.  I then cut them down to the size that I wanted so that all three banners were visible at the bottom of the card.  After that was finished, I adhered everything onto the overlay.  This is one of the cards that I will be sending my Stampin UP Secret Sister this month and I think it turned out great.  I hope she likes it just as much as I enjoyed making it.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment