Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Another Valentine's Card

After being home for the past two days due to snow days, I decided that I wanted to tackle something that was a bit more challenging for me.  When I attempted to make a shaker card last year, it didn't turn out to well, but I found a great tutorial today by another demonstrator and just had to try it.  (Since I am trying to make my blog post shorter, I will post the link for the tutorial at the bottom of the page.)  After reading the demonstrator's blog, I would have never thought to use the outside parts of the dimensionals.  It was a great tip that I learned today and worked beautifully.  Since I have not purchased the heart framelits yet, I used my Silhouette to cut out the heart from the overlay.  This card turned out way better than my first attempt, but it still needs some works.  I think I put too many hearts in the inside since they don't move very well when you shake it.  Overall, the card was a success and there is always something that needs to be changed.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment