Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Owls

Tonight I decided to finish my card order for three owl cards.  I found my inspiration on Pinterest, but changed it to make it work with the tools that I had.  Using my Big Shot, I cut two holes into the overlay with the circle framelits.  Once those were cut out, I embossed the overlay to make it look like a tree.  I then used my Owl Punch to punch out two owls and the different pieces to complete them.  Once the owls were completed, I used dimensionals to raise the overlay up so that I the owls appeared to be in the tree looking at each other.  After the card was completed, I felt that it was missing something so I used my Bird Punch and added some green leaves to it.  This card is very cute.  The owls may not be your traditional colors or patterns, but that is what makes it fun.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment