Sunday, November 3, 2013

Another Snowman!

Today has been a very productive day for me.  I have created four cards and that includes the creation for today's blog. On top of being creative I also made pasta salad and washed the sheets (mind you it's Sunday and only 3 p.m.)  We should set our clocks back an hour more often as I wish I could be this productive all the time.  It helped that I had a friend coming over so that motivated me as well so I wasn't worrying about my card after he went home.  But enough about my day and onward with the blog.

This card is a little bit out of my comfort zone since I usually have an overlay on my card base.  Cutting a piece of designer paper that was about 2" thick for the top of the card I then cut out the deco label and the word "Merry" from the Deco Label Framelits and Expression Thinlits.  These items are very unique in shape and without my trust Big Shot (as the Silhouette is out for repair) I was able to create them with ease.  Then I stamped my snowman onto the label using colors that matched with the strip of paper at the top of the card.  Once that I was completed, I adhered everything together.  I felt like something was missing so I took one of my Merry Christmas stamps and only colored in the word "Christmas."  After it was stamped onto a piece of white paper, I cut around the edges so it had the same about of white on all sides.  Using my scissors, I cut a triangle off one end to make it look like a banner.  I am not exactly sure how I feel about tonight's creation, but it turned out pretty well.  It is a little bit different not using an overlay, but I need get out of my shell and be more creative.  This will help me grow as a card maker and expand my card collection that much more as well.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment