Monday, November 18, 2013

Brayer Sunset Technique

Since I have several orders that I need to complete this week, I decided to get started on one of them tonight. One of my best friends wanted a birthday card for her nephew and he loves hunting so this card fits perfectly.  After deciding on a theme, I wanted to try the sunset brayer technique and I thought it would fit the card them nicely.  Since I am new to the brayer and the different things it can do, I found this video on Pinterest (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-zHZQISoaw) which helped me create a sunset background with yellow and orange ink.  Once the sunset was finished, I added grass to the bottom where it was still white with the brayer as well.  I feel that it give it a hill like look when it was completed.  I then went ahead and stamped the trees from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set on the overlay.  Using my Silhouette, I cut out a buck to be adhered to the card as well.  To finish this card, I stamped "Happy Birthday" in the right-hand corner.  This card turned out great and my best friend loved it.  I am always a little bit scared to try out a new technique when making cards for my customers since I never know if it will turn out or not, but I have to say that it turned out nicely.  I can't wait to hear how her nephew liked this card when he opens it on his birthday!  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment