Saturday, November 16, 2013

Gobble Gobble

Today was the craft show and it didn't go as well as I hoped.  Everyone has their good and bad days at the craft show, you learn from it and move on.  Besides the craft show, I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing for the first in what seems like weeks.  It was very nice and just what I needed after a long week.  Enough about my day, let's discuss tonight's creation.

Tonight I decided to create a Thanksgiving card since I have been doing Christmas so much lately.  The inspiration for this card came from Pinterest of course.  I wanted to make the turkey so it stood out and wasn't like a normal one that you would see on a card.  I used my scoring board to score a 1.5" strip of pattern paper.  Once it was scored every 1/4", I fold it back and forth until it was finished.  Instead of making it into a rosette, I made it into a fan for the turkey's feathers.  I then used my Silhouette to cut out the different layers of the turkey body.  After the turkey's body was adhered together, I glued it onto the fan.  It looked a little weird at first since half of the body was floating in the air.  I then embossed the white overlay with leaves using my Big Shot.  After the card base was finished, I used my dimensionals to bring down his feet so they were attached to the base of the card and then used one by his head to keep it flat as well.  After the turkey was adhered down, I created a banner for the bottom of the card where I stamped "Happy Thanksgiving."  To get the ends of the banner somewhat perfect, I used one side of my hexagon punch to create the banner appearance.  This card turned out very neat.  It is different then traditional Thanksgiving cards that you see in the store, but that is what makes it unique.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment