Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lovely As A Tree Sympathy Card

Tonight I decided that I wanted to use sponges to make my card.  I found a card that used sponges that was similar to mine, but I changed it to make it my own creation.  Using my trimmer, I cut out the base and overlays.  Once that was completed, I embossed the light brown overlay using my Big Shot to make it look like wood.  Then I stamped the trees onto the white overlay.  I then used the masking technique to sponge the sky and grass.  The masking technique helped so that I wasn't sponging green into the sky and vice versus.  Before sponging, I adhered a 2" circle in the sky to give the effect of a sun or a shadow being in the sky that I took off once I was finished.  To complete my card, I stamped "With Sympathy" in the upper left-hand corner.  I love how the sponge technique give the card a realistic look like you are outside.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment