Saturday, November 2, 2013

Origami Christmas Tree

What a day!  It couldn't have went better if I asked.  We went to look at the venue for our wedding since it is booking up fast.  Even though everything was died, we still fell in love with the place and booked it for June 13th, 2015.  They have a lot of projects that want to get down so who knows how it will look come 2015.  Non the less, we are super excited to have one thing checked off our list.  Enough about the venue and onto tonight's remarkable creation.

Being a person that likes to try new things, I decided tonight was the night to create an origami Christmas tree.  After watching a video (which I will post at the bottom of my blog), it was quite easy to make.  It looks a lot more complicated then it really is.  I started with cutting out four squares that were all different sizes. I then folded each square from one point to the other point and then did the other side as well.  I then folded it in half one way and then in half the other way.  Using my bone folder, I made sure the folds were creased very well. Once the paper was folded, I pushed in the middle lines on both sides to make a triangle.  I then took one of the sides and fold into the center where the middle line is and repeating this on both sides.  Once all of the squares were completed, I stacked them to create the tree.  After my Christmas tree was created, I punched out a star using my Creative Memories for the top of the tree.  This card turned out pretty cool even though it is not perfectly lined up.  Even my cat thought it was cool since she tried running off with the pieces several times.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


Measurement Guide
(a)  Square:  3" by 3"
(b)  Square:  2.5" by 2.5"
(c)  Square:  2" by 2"
(d)  Square:  1.5" by 1.5"
(e)  Card:  5.5" by 4.25"
(f)  Overlay:  5.25" by 4"

Video:  http://penguinstamper.blogspot.com/2011/12/origami-christmas-tree.html

No comments:

Post a Comment