Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dahlias

All week I have been preparing for the Craft Show on Saturday.  I have made 90 cards in the past 6 days and it has been a lot of work, but I have enjoyed every minute of it.  Making cards is a passion of my mine and it is a lot of fun.  I hope that I can share my passion with people at the Craft Show.  Tonight's creation was inspired/cased from Cynthia Millan, it is very similar but different at the same time.  Let's discuss tonight's card.

Using my trimmer, I cut a piece of card stock that would fit the thinlit.  I then used the Circle Thinlit from Stampin UP to create the base of the card.  The card stock was cut extra long so there was an extra flip for someone to write a message.  Once the base was cut out, I punch out 2.5" and 2" circles.  I then used the Regarding Dahlias stamp set to stamp the flower and "hello, you" onto the card.  After the was finished, I punched out butterflies using the Bitty Butterfly Punch and placed two pearls in the center of them.  Once everything was put together, I embossed the colored strip of paper and adhered it to the card.  Even though this card was cased, it turned out wonderful and it has to be one of my favorite cards that I made this week.   I could use this card for a few different occasions or to simply let someone know that I am thinking about them.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment