Thursday, June 6, 2013

Just Because Card

Yesterday was the last day of school and being a teacher is not easy.  My boyfriend has had to put up with me being crabby and stressed out for the past two weeks.  I know that has not been easy, but he has been super supportive and a great listener.  I know living with me is not the easiest thing in the world, but I appreciate all that he does and couldn't ask for a better guy.  So this card is just for him!

The turtle was designed using my Silhouette as well as the "i love you" phrase.  I used the shell to make the different sized layers.  The technique I used on the shells is called "Triple Layer Stamping," which is when you put the in-between layers together and stamp the design you want.  Then, you put the other layers in-between and match up the stamp design as best as you can.  Lining up the stamp design is the hardest part.  Finally, I glued the turtle and the phrase onto a per-made card.


No comments:

Post a Comment