Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Sunshine and the fourth of July, two things I look forward to after the school year is done.  We must not forget those with birthdays in the summer, so a fitting card for all summer celebrations.  Using a new technique called sunburst, the cards life begins as a circle in the center.  To emulate the sun rays I cut rectangle pieces of paper diagonally, and then meticulously placed the sharp end of the newly created triangles into the center of the circle.  Alternating colors and paper design give the card a real burst of life.  After securing all pieces into place, I then trimmed the left over paper off the edges.  Leaving me with a fantastic patterned sunburst.  Using my Silhouette, I printed the "happy birthday" text and then embossed with a darker border to help separate the text form the burst.  Effective and unique, even a little remarkable if I do say so myself.  Happy carding everyone.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment