Wednesday, June 19, 2013

4th of July

It may not be the forth of July yet, but the summer sun is just around the corner.  I decided a patriotic them was in order for tonight's card just to get in the holiday spirit.  I wanted to do a unique take on an American classic, and found a ribbon like design to create the wave effect.  Alternating red and white in accordance with the design of the American flag, I found that 13 strips (just the same as the flag) was a fitting amount.  Although the fit may not be perfect, its remarkable.  The stars were created with a die cut which I've used for previous creations.  Fitting with the thirteen strips, I did fifty stars which didn't turn out perfect, but making them smaller proved to be more a challenge then I was willing to undertake this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment