Friday, October 18, 2013

Christmas Bulbs!

It is finally Friday.  I thought this day was never going to come, but it has finally arrived and I am ready for a very busy weekend.  This week has been extremely long with meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and of course the day to day responsibilities of being a teacher.  Even though this week has been exhausting, I have been looking forward to receiving more Stampin UP goodies.  I even used a few of my new goodies on tonight's creations.  Let's discuss tonight's creation.

Using my new Blossom Petals Punch, I punched out four small petals in primary colors to make the Christmas bulbs.  I then used the Modern Label to punch out two separate black labels.  Once that was done, I cut them into thirds so that I could use the two end pieces as the base of the bulbs.  After the bulbs were completed, I used my Bird punch and punched out three branches in black.  Then I removed the leaves to give it the appearance of a power cord.  Once the string of lights were completed, I stamped "Merry Christmas" from the Sassy Salutations stamp set.  Since there was a lot of white space I decided to stamp snowflakes random on the overlay until I was satisfied with it.  This was not the card I planned on creating tonight, but when you talk on the phone for over an hour and play with your new goodies, time seems to get away from.  This is a simple creation and the person receiving it will enjoy it none the less.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment