Monday, October 28, 2013

Stampin UP Night!

After a very long day, it was nice to have some time to make cards with a few ladies.  It was just what I needed after my Silhouette died this weekend.  On a positive note, after a long question filled session I will be receiving a new machine (hopefully defect free).  I'm quite relieved since I was not prepared mentally or financially ready to buy a new one.  Since I created three cards tonight, I will be sharing a tip that I was taught by a fellow friend who does work with Stampin UP.

First, let's talk about the new trick that I learned.  We took white string and colored it with an ink dauber and an ink pad.  I laid the string on the ink pad and then placed the ink dauber on top.  With the ink dauber on top of the string, I placed the string and it took the ink from the dauber and the ink pad and colored the string.  It was pretty neat.  We all thought she colored the string before she showed us the cool trick for the first card.  The other two cards are pretty easy as well.  We used the new Thinlits from Stampin UP to make the middle card.  The last card is a gate card and that was probably the easiest card we created tonight.  I had a lot of fun making these three cards.  I can't wait to go to the Christmas Stamp-a-Stack on Friday.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment