Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Snowflakes

Tonight's creation was a bit of an experiment since I didn't have a clue what I was doing.  While I did watch a video tutorial before making my card, it didn't help as much as I would have liked.  Using my trimmer, I cut out the base and two overlays.  Once the white overlay was cut out, I used VersaMark ink to stamp different size snowflakes randomly on the overlay.  After that part was finished, I took clear embossing powder and covered the snowflakes.  Then tipping the overlay so that the excess embossing powder would fall into the container (to be reused at a later date).  Once that was done, I used my heat gun to apply heat to the powder until it was a clear and gave a nice shiny color.  I then inked up my brayer with ink from Island Indigo.  I then ran it across the white overlay both ways until it was completed covered.  After brayering the background I felt that the the overlay was still missing something.  This is when I decided to cut out two pieces of paper and stamped "Christmas Wishes" on the white one.  I adhered the sentiment in the middle of the card.  While this card did not turn out the way I had envisioned, I think it was because I did something wrong along the way.  I will have to try this technique again after I do some more research to correct the error of my ways.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment