Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mr. Potato Head

Today I was able to spend some quality time with my best friend in the whole world.  As it turns out I received the best news I've had in a while, as she is moving back home in December!  Who needs presents, when you have good friends that you can depend on.  While spending time together for the first time in over 6 months we were able to reconnect and catch up on each others lives.  While social media (mainly Facebook) is a nice way to keep track of friends, nothing matches meeting face to face.  Onward with the creation for tonight, while browsing blogs yesterday I lucked out and found that one of blogs I subscribed to was offering this beautiful "Mr. Potato Head" SVG file.  As he is a very creative individual, I was able to customize a lot of different features and in the next paragraph I will tell you how I did it!

Using my Silhouette, I cut out the different pieces that make up Mr. Potato Head.  After putting him together, I decided that he needed something more and I cut out a birthday hat to go his head.  Once Mr. Potato Head was completed, I then used my Silhouette to cut out some confetti and place it randomly around him.  Using my Sassy Salutations stamp set, I stamped "Happy Birthday" onto the card.  To make the stamp show up the way it does, I used my stamp markers to color the words individually and then cleaned the stamp to stamp the other word.  This card did not turn out the way I envisioned since I cut Mr. Potato Head way to big and had to make a giant card for him.  My nephew will enjoy this card for one of his birthdays and what kid doesn't like to receive an extra large card for their birthday.  This card brought back memories from my childhood like it probably does for most people that had a Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head when growing up.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment