Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Presents!

Today started out slow, but by the time school was out it seemed to pick up stream.  While I had grand plans to do a very remarkable (and rather elaborate one at that), I felt it was in my best interest to take it easy tonight.  While tonight's creation uses elements I've used over the last few months, it seems only fitting that it all comes together nicely for this Christmas card.  Enough wit the excuses already let's get down to business explaining tonight's card.

Using my trimmer, I cut out all of the elements besides the bows for the presents.  I used a flower punch for the bows and then placed a rhinestone in the middle.  After everything was cut out, I embossed the white overlay with snowflakes using my Big Shot.  Once that was done, I adhered everything to the card and then stamped "Happy Holidays to you & yours" from the Joy to the World stamp set.  I absolutely love this card.  It was quite simple to make, but it pops off the paper well.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


Measurement Guide:
(a)  Solid Square:  1.5" 1.5"
(b)  Patterned Square:  1.25" by 1.25"
(c)  Strip:  .25" by 1.5"
(d)  Green Overlay:  4" by 2.25"
(e)  Small White Overlay:  3.75" by 2"
(f)  White Overlay:  6.75" by 4.75"
(g):  Card Base:  10" by 7"


No comments:

Post a Comment