Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Snowman!

Today was a very long day since I had to get up extra early to attend an award ceremony in Madison.  Our school received the School of Recognition Award for the second year in a row. This award goes to schools for their work to break the link between poverty and low academic achievement through rigorous programming and attention to student needs.  I was very honored to be able to accept this award on the behalf of my school.  Our teachers and students have worked very hard and I am honored to be part of all of the great things that we do for our students.  Enough about the pleasures of being a teacher and let's discuss tonight's creation.

Since I woke up in the dark and came home in the dark, I decided that an easy card was in order tonight.  I used a pre-made card from my collection to make tonight's creation.  I am hoping that I will soon run out of my pre-made cards, but just when I think I've used them all I'll find another box.  After picking out the card, I used my trimmer to cut out the white overlay.  I then stamped the orange snowman onto the white overlay.  Using another stamp set, I stamped the triangle eyes onto the snowman.  The stamp set that I have for jack-o-lanterns had a few face choices for the snowman, but they were all too big so I drew the mouth onto the snowman.  Once the face was completed, I used the snowman set again to stamp the buttons on him.  After the Halloween snowman was finished, I stamped "Happy Halloween" on the top of the overlay.  I then used my ink dauber and went around the edges to make the border.  When creating this card, I didn't really have a vision in mind.  I just started stamping and it lead me tonight's creation.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment