Saturday, October 19, 2013

Snowman Telescoping Card

Today was a lot of fun.  I got to go wedding dress shopping with one of best friends for her wedding next October.  After trying on several dresses, she said yes to the dress.  It is a beautiful dress and I am glad that I got to be involved in the process.  Once she said yes to the dress, we head home and got some grocery shopping done for the week.  Enough about my day, let's discuss tonight's card.

Using my Big Shot, I cut out the different sized circles with my circle framelets.  Those are very handy to have around since it made this card a lot easier.  Once all of the circles were cut out, I embossed the middle white circle with a snowflake.  I then added buttons and arms to the middle circle.  Once the middle circle was complete, I added the rest of the accessories to the snowman.  After all of the circle were finished, I used my new paper-piercing tool and pierce mat to pierce a whole through the largest circle with the middle circle overlapping onto the largest circle.  I then put a mini silver bard through the hole and closed it.  Then opening up the second circle and laying the smaller circle in the middle, I used my piercing tool again to pierce through the two layers and put another brad trough the hole and closed it.  Once the snowman was finished, I stamped "Happy Holidays to you & yours on the largest circle.  This card didn't completely turn out the way I hoped it would, but there is always next time.  I know what I need to fix.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment