Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sympathy Card

Tonight's card was a bit of a struggle since I had to make a sympathy card.  Sympathy cards are never easy and when you know the person it makes it that much harder.  One of my fiance's cousin dad passed away last night.  Unfortunately, I only got to meet him once, but he seemed like a great guy just from the one meeting.  He will be greatly missed by friends and family that had the honor of knowing him.  As a dedication to him, I plan on giving his family this card to them out of our condolences for their loss.

Tonight's creation was created using my Silhouette as well as my paper trimmer.  First, I used my Silhouette to cut out the different layers of the fall tree.  While my Silhouette was taking its time cutting out the tree, I used my trimmer to custom cut the base as well as the white overlay.  Once the Silhouette was finished, I assembled the tree together.  I think that every Silhouette file should come with a set of instructions since this tree was not the easiest to put together.  There may not have been may pieces, but trying to figure out the order was a challenge all by itself.  After the tree was assembled, I used stamping sponges to make the background.  I love using new techniques and this technique came out quite well.  Even though this card is to show our condolences I hope that the family enjoys the peaceful tranquility, and can remember the positives of the loss of Bill.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment