Sunday, October 6, 2013

Wedding!

After spending the morning catching up on the final season of my favorite television shows (Dexter), three o'clock came much quicker then anticipated.  Big plans today, as my fiancee and I sat down with our best man to be and picked out a wedding date.  Although the final date is less then two years away, it's a very rewarding feeling to have a date chosen.  Now it's onto the next big step, choosing a venue and a photographer; as one only knows that the time will fly by and the date will be here before we know it!  Enough details for the day let's get on to the details for tonight's creation.

This evenings creation had a wedding theme as it was a special order from a fellow teacher at school.  It also seemed fitting as with the days special events with the fiancee.  I first used my owl punch to create a special edition "his" and "hers" theme, clearly a tux and white dress were in order to keep with the theme.  I then used the Silhouette to cut out the large red heart for a special shaped overlay, then I followed up by making another overlay.  This time, it was a solid white piece which was cut to size 1" shorter then the base of card.  I had to leave 1" of room so that I was able to place my sentiment on the bottom and have enough separation to help make it stand out more.  Next up on the docket was using my Big Shot, which assisted me in embossing hearts onto the white overlay.  Finishing off the card with my VersaMark to stamp I placed "Congratulation's" on the bottom of the card.  I then sprinkled on black embossing powder and used the my heat gun to give it a nice shine.  I enjoy this creation and hope the happy couple can appreciate my time and efforts put into this remarkable creation.  Until next time, happy carding :)


No comments:

Post a Comment