Friday, October 4, 2013

Soccer!

First off, let me begin by saying thank you for Friday's.  After a long week at work it was nice to relax and know that I have no major commitments (school related at least) until Monday.  So I decided that in honor of my friend whose coming home to Wisconsin in less then a week, I would create a card for her.  Her favorite sport is soccer to this hexagonal, soccer themed card was the perfect choice to create.  Let's discuss the skinny of tonight's creation.

Using my trimmer, I custom cut the card base and two overlays (one green and one white).  Once those were cut out, I used my Creative Memories Hexagon punch to create the soccer ball appearance.  Once I had a good amount of hexagon's punched out, I embossed the white ones using my Big Shot.  I then placed one black hexagon approximately in the middle of the green overlay.  I then filled in the white hexagons around it.  Repeating this process until the whole overlay was covered.  After gluing down the hexagons and leaving some gap in between them, I cut off the hexagons that were hanging over the edge.  Once all of the overlays were adhered together, I adhered them to the card.  I tired placing a sentiment onto this card, but it didn't look right so I left it off.   This card could be used for several different things like a birthday or as an invitation.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment