Thursday, October 10, 2013

Scarecrow!

Today was a great day for a few different reasons.  I didn't get a migraine for the second day in a row so I am hoping my new medication is finally working.  Also, the student that finished her lesson in 5 minutes last week did it again today and I taught her two new letters.  I have a feeling that she is going to be a fast typist if she keeps up the hard work.  Enough about my day and onto tonight's creation.

This morning I downloaded the freebie of the day from Miss Kates Cuttables like I do every morning, but today I got an instant idea in my head for today's card.  While at school I kept thinking about my idea and adding things until I arrived at tonight's creation.  First, I stamped the pumpkins on the bottom of my white overlay.  To get the pumpkins so they were not overlapping, I used a technique called masking.  I stamped the image onto a piece of paper and then cut it out.  I used that to put over the stamp that was already there and when I stamped the next pumpkin whatever was overlapping went onto the scrap piece of paper.  I really like how this technique worked.  Next time, I will be using posted notes that so that is sticky and doesn't move while I am stamping.  Once the pumpkins were finished, I used my stamping sponges again to create the background.  I have fallen in love with that technique as well.  While I was working on the overlay, my Silhouette was cutting out the different pieces for my scarecrow.  After I stamped "Happy Halloween," on the overlay, I assembled my scarecrow.  It was pretty easy to put together the scarecrow tonight unlike the tree from last night.  Once the scarecrow was assembled, I adhered it to the overlay.  I absolutely love how tonight's creation turned out.  I used a new technique and it actually worked out the first time.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment