Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is about craving pumpkins, dressing up, and going trick or treating.  The kids at school were super excited to dress up tonight in their costumes and get lots of candy.  I am not completely sure their stomachs have recovered from all of the goodies that they ate at school, but I know that won't stop them from eating more candy.  Tomorrow they will all be crashing from their sugar high.  Enough about Halloween and my student's, let's discuss tonight's creation.

Since it is Halloween, I decided to take a break from Christmas cards and create a card in honor of the holiday.  Using my Big Shot, I used my Deco Label Framelits to create the two overlays.  Once those were cut out, I stamped the pumpkin on the white overlay and then stamped on the face.  I then stamped the hat and star on separate piece.  After they were dry, I used my scissors to cut them out.  Cutting out stamps is not that bad as I thought it was going to be.  My fiance asked why I don't cut out more stamps since it looked so great.  I then adhered the hat and star on top of the pumpkin.  Finishing my card, I stamped "Happy Halloween" on the bottom.  Even though I got called the Grinch of Halloween since I didn't hand out candy tonight, I still enjoyed the holiday and can't wait to celebrate it with a child of my own one day.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment