Sunday, October 20, 2013

Snowburst

Today was a great day.  I got to spend time with my dad and fiance goose hunting.  We didn't get any geese, but we still have fun.  I enjoyed hearing all my dad's stories about other hunting trips while sitting in the goose blind.  When he was telling a story, I forgot about being cold.  It was a quite chilly outside with some rain, but it didn't matter since I was with my dad enjoying each others company and hoping for a dumb goose to fly low enough for us.  Even though it was an exhausting day that started at 3:30 a.m., I still had time for a remarkable creation tonight so let's discuss the details of the card.

Keeping with the Christmas theme so that I make sure they are all completed, I made a card using the sunburst technique.  I choose various Christmas theme paper to make the sunburst on half of the card.  Once the patterns were chosen, I cut them in 2" by 6" strips and then cut them diagonally from point to point which created a nice triangle shape.  After I made ten triangles, I placed them in order on the overlay that was ran through my Xyron to apply adhesive to the whole thing.  After the paper was placed on the overlay, I trimmed off the excess paper that was hanging over the edge.  I then cut off 2" from the bottom of the overlay so that i had room on the card to stamp a salutation once the card was complete.  Before completing the card, I stamped two snowflakes and cut them out using the snowflake framelits.  Using the same framelits, I cut out the silver glitter snowflake as well.  Once the snowflakes were completed, I adhered them together with dimensionals so that it would pop off the paper a little more.  I then placed the snowflakes in the middle to cover up the center of the sunburst.  Finishing the card, I stamped "Merry Christmas" in the middle.  I was hoping to use my new rotary trimmer on this card, but I didn't take that into concentration when I was cutting the overlay.  It is something I will have to remember for next time.  Until next time, happy carding everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment