Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall Leaves

Even though my Silhouette locked up on me last night, I decided I couldn't let it get me down today.  It will either get fixed or I will have to buy a new one.  Instead of sitting around doing nothing, I decided to rearrange my craft room.  It didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted, but someday when we own a house, it will be prefect.  For now though, this will have to do.  Enough about my craft room and on wards with tonight's creation.

Tonight's creation was inspired from Pinterest.  I pinned a card that was very similar to the one that I created and one of my co-workers wanted me to make it for her.  Using my trimmer, I cut the base of the card and the two overlays.  I made the second overlay an half of an inch smaller on both sides so that when I cut it in the three sections it lined up.  Once they were cut, I used a dot stamp from the Beyond the Basics to create the yellow dots on the overlay.  I then stamped three fall leaves randomly on the overlay using the Magnificent Maple in three different colors.  To finish the overlay, I stamped "Thinking of You" from the Sassy Salutations stamp set.  Once the overlay was complete, I cut the overlay into three 2" sections.  I then placed them on the white overlay with about a 1/4" in between each section.  This card turned out pretty neat.  The background would have been easier if I would have had the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, but I used what I had on hand.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment