Wednesday, July 31, 2013

For The Newlyweds

Today, I decided to use my Stampin Up Simply Score board with the removable diagonal plate to create a fun frame.  Cutting a piece of card stock that was 4" by 4".  Because this card required a bit of folding, I used double sided card stock.  After cutting a piece of paper, I scored each corner at 2" and 3".  Once I scored all four corners, I folded it in on the first score and folded it out on the second score line and then repeat for all sides.  I used my bone folder to make sure that all four sides were reinforced.  Upon completion of folding a neat box is created.  Once the frame was completed, I decided that I wanted to make a wedding card.  Then I punched out two hearts in white and one heart in black for the tux.  I embossed one heart with flowers for the woman's dress.  Also, I added adhesive faux pearls to the white heart.  Then I cut the black heart and half and cut a little bit off each side for the tux.  After gluing the black pieces on to the heart, I scored the rest of the white heart to make it look like a shirt.  Then I drew a blow tie and buttons on the heart as well.  I then proceeded to cut out the card and overlay using my Silhouette.  I embossed the overlay with flowers to make it pop a little more.  Then I used my modern label and window word punch for the sentiment.  Once they were glued together, I stamped "For The Newlyweds."


No comments:

Post a Comment