Friday, July 12, 2013

Friend to Friend

Today I went with probably the most complicated design of a card that I have done in awhile, many shapes and folds and little details made this quite the challenge.  While searching for today's card on Pinterest, I came across a blog for a creation called the "Double Punch Blossom," thankfully the blogger made a great tutorial video to demonstrate the process of creating this card.  As I feel the right words will elude me while I attempt to blog with my own take.  Either way I must give credit where it's due and link to the blog I found found this wonderful challenge, at the end of this post.

First, I had to cut a piece of of white paper to size at 4" by 12" and scored lines using a scoring board at 2", 4", 8", and 10" this way we have a window pane of sorts.  Next, I gently bent the card in half and lined up the creases 2" and 10" make then I placed my Blossom punch directly in the center of the score lines.  Then I had to cut two pieces of patterned paper to size at 2" by 4".  I glued them on each end of the white base.  After I glued them on, I used my punch again to cut out the paper that was hanging over.  It was kind of hard to line them up and I was afraid I was going to mess it up or something.  Then I stamped a flower for the center and cut it out using the punch again.  I punched out a 1" circle and stamped a design on it for the middle of the flower and I added a rhinestone to the center to add a little bling.  Then I folded my card up and used foam squares to make the flower pop out more.  Finally, I added "Friends to Friends" on the front of the card and in the inside "a friend is someone who makes it easier."  I know my words can't give this card justice, so I suggest watching the video (http://juliedavison.blogspot.com/2012/04/double-punched-blossom-card-tutorial.html)



No comments:

Post a Comment