Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Today I decided to make a rather unconventional card for one our nations most celebrated holidays.  The birth of the United States of America happened 237 years ago today.  It's pretty amazing if you think about what's happened through the years.  But enough about that and onto my remarkable creation for the day.  I found this cute bear via Miss Kate Cuttables website (www.misskatecuttables.com) and of course I used my ever ready and reliable Silhouette.  Although Mr. Bear has a lot of simple shapes, he has lots of intricate details that very tedious in assembly.  Keeping with a fourth theme, I went with a red base followed by a blue overlay, topped off with white.  I placed white last to keep the bear from blending with the blue, and to give him more definition against the layers.  Using a stamp from my collection I added "Happy 4th of July" and that wrapped up my celebration for the fourth.  I used my stamp markers so I could alternate the colors but I didn't get enough ink on the stamp so it is a little faded.  I would have redone it, but unfortunately I was on a time crunch so that is the best I could do today. I hope everyone has a beary nice time with family and friends, until next time I wish you happy carding.


No comments:

Post a Comment