Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thanks

Today I had a busy day away from home, so when I got home and thought I had time unwind I was reminded that I still had not created my card for the day.  After picking up a few new items from the same lady I got a  haul from last week, I was able to do a card design that I had pinned on Pinterest a while back when I didn't have the right tools.  The shape of this card was rather unique, so I had to cut my own card stock; black paper cut 12" long by 4" tall.  The solid black was mainly chosen to help separate the tags from the base.  If I had chosen a lighter color, I feel that they would just blend together and not create a good ambiance for the card.  Using a punch, I cut out six tags and using my Silhouette I cut the six letters to spell out "THANKS"  each with a different color to make it stand out.  Using a new tool I acquired today, I punched holes in the tags and then applied the six multicolored eyelets I placed them in the correlating tag (to keep with an even color theme).  Then using a glue stick, I affixed the tags to the card stock, but after looking at the card long and hard and getting opinions from a couple of people I should have alternated the letters opposite the way that I did.  These sort of things happen and I can only learn from them, but the positives outweigh the negatives and I am rather satisfied with my results all things considered.




No comments:

Post a Comment