Monday, July 29, 2013

Turtle Love

Still reeling from last Friday's proposal from my boyfriend, I decided to make a love themed card with him in mind.  His favorite creature of all time is turtles, I've seen all sorts of cute designs through the many pages of Pinterest and decided to create one of my very own.  The parts that were the easiest were the ones cut from my Silhouette.  Including the following pieces: heart (punches), turtle shapes (Silhouette) with some assembly required, log (Silhouette), waves (mostly Silhouette).  Thankfully although I cut a lot of pieces with my Silhouette I found that once they were cut and before me they seemingly started to come together right before my very eyes.

Using a new technique never before featured with my Remarkable Creations blog, I used my ink daubers to become more creative with the equipment I have.  Creating the appearance clouds in the sky could have been an easy task for the Silhouette but this project is all about trying new techniques we learn, so thus why I decided to try it.  The process is simple as covering the daubers in colored ink (here was blue to make the sky on a partly cloudy day), in applying to the paper ever so gently making solid marks and streaking them across the length of the card.  As the dauber runs low on ink, I kept rubbing as this gave the appearance of light fluffy clouds and gave a great natural texture boost to the card.  Once entirely dry I re-applied ink to the dauber and kept rubbing until the entire top half of the card was complete; it came out quite well if I do say so myself.  I repeated this technique on a smaller scale in the ways on the bottom half of the card towards the top and middle of my paper.  The darker blue really gave a nice textured and 3-D effect to the water.

All in all I believe that when properly executed this technique can provide some rather interesting results that can't be beat.  As this project started as just a simple thing with cards, it has blossomed into a challenge to myself to be more creative (even if I do repeat some techniques from time to time).  Love is similar because everyday that I am with now Fiance, I find new reasons to love him more and more each day.  Much love and happy carding everybody.






No comments:

Post a Comment