Thursday, July 18, 2013

Happy Thoughts

Using leftovers is a technique seldom used, as when I have a Silhouette that must such neat cuts for me I get accustomed to being spoiled.  So today I decided to use pieces of paper left from previous creations and cut them in a variety of squares and rectangles alike.  With really no regard for perfect dimensions I had at it with my trusty scissors!  The only thing I had to do was make sure that the shapes laid neatly on the card and filled in the white space.  A dark purple card followed by a white overlay for my impromptu frame provided a nice backdrop to make the complimentary colors pop.  After completion of the main portion of the card I used my Silhouette to give my hand a rest and cut out the floral design.  Two simple shapes combined for an easy flower, which was topped off with a stamp in the center to complete the look of a flower and "happy thoughts" stamped top and bottom to give more definition.


No comments:

Post a Comment