Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Today's card consisted of two parts: cutting and assembly, as most card require these two things today it was mostly cutting.  Using my Silhouette it seemed as if I spent my afternoon sitting and waiting, with lots of little pieces requiring much attention I had my work cut out for me.  The style of card today is called a "Step Card," viewing the card it's evident as through the stepping pattern in the layers of the cake.  The hardest part in completing this card was just like making a real cake, provided the layers the placement was key.  I couldn't place them to low on the card or else they won't be visible but if I placed them too high it would detract from the visual appeal of everything else on the card.  The rest of the card was fairly simple of just overlaying one piece over another and really making it pop.


No comments:

Post a Comment