Saturday, July 6, 2013

Just A Note

Pinwheels are similar to fireworks as they come in many shapes, sizes, and colors always bursting with uniqueness.  Using two squares, I overlapped them to create the background layer for a pinwheel, I followed that up by cutting eight more smaller squares with my Silhouette.  Using different designs to help alternate the flow of the pinwheel I affixed them to the base design.  Matching corner to corner, since the boxes were created slightly smaller gave them a nice pop against the background.  Once all eight squares were in place and all corners aligned the pinwheel effect was more visually pleasing to the eye.  I used a pre-made green card to place the final product on but felt something was missing.  Using my Creative Memories punch, I punched four embellishments; placing one as a center stone of sorts for the pinwheel to hide the corners on the inside that looked rather busy.  With the leftover flowers, I placed them equal distance apart on the bottom of the card.

The purpose of this card is to just let someone you know you are thinking about them, whether it's a friend you haven't talked to in a long time or a family member.  It would be universal for whomever you decided to give it to.  On a side note, I took advantage of a beautiful summer afternoon and picked up lots of paper at a real steal of deal.  With this paper, I created 90% of today's card as it was double sided so it made for less paper to be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment