Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Just For You!

After a tiresome day of rearranging my classroom for yet another unfilled school year, I knew many adventures were in store.  The last two years have flown by and it is hard to believe that I have already been teaching full-time for two years.  With my classroom being a destroyer zone and road construction in the surrounding area, it is hard to believe that everything will be done by the time school starts in a little over a week...while maybe not everything.  I look forward to seeing my smiley face students and hearing of their summer adventures.  Enough about school time to focus on my remarkable creation for the night.  Using my paper trimmer, I lined up the paper and cut custom overlays as well as the base for the card.  Before running both white pieces through my Zyron, I cut out 10 strips of each color measuring 12" by 3/8".  Beginning with the lower left-hand corner of the middle overlay, I placed the strips diagonally and alternated my color strips.  Then continuing this pattern to the upper right-hand corner.  Repeating this task for the outer overlay, but starting at the upper left-hand corner so that it was opposite the middle overlay.  Using the simplest tool in my box, I trimmed the extra paper off with my scissors.  I attached the smaller overlay to the larger overlay and using a glue stick I glued it to the blue base card.  Then I created the center piece for my card using the Mixed Bunch stamp set and the Blossom punch from Stampin UP.  I found the hardest part of this process was effectively applying the punch around the stamp without cutting off any edges.  Once this was completed, I used the Word Window and Modern Label punch from Stampin UP to add text to my creation.  I stamped "just for you" on the word window from the Tiny Teeny Wish stamp collection from Stampin UP.  I am sure the next week and a half will fly by and school will start sooner then I imagine, be fair worried I may become less creative with my creations once the school year starts.  Doubling teaching and remarkable creation will be a challenge and itself but I look forward to seeing what I can do.  Maybe my students will have ideas too offer up for the project, until time next, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment