Monday, August 26, 2013

Faux Tile

Today was a day where Murphy's Law definitely played a part:  "what can go wrong, will go wrong."  After dinner the exhaustion took over, my mind was basically fried but I still had an idea in my head for my card.  So quickly to my craft room I went so not to forget my idea and onward with the rest of my blog for tonight.
A constant headache all day let to yet another easy card for this evening's remarkable creation, it seems like a running them as of late I'm sure.  but I am so mentally and physically drained after long days at school, that is all I can muster before I crash and call it a night.  First, I custom cut base (a) of my card using a piece of dark green card stock.  I then punched out 9 squares (c).  After they were punched out, I put a little adhesive on the back of the squares so I could connect them together without moving.  Once they were altogether and made a 3 by 3 square, I start stamping different animals from the Fox and Friends stamp set onto the squares.  I randomly stamped them on and got a little crazy with some of them but the craziness makes it fun.  Finishing my card, I pulled the squares apart and placed them on a light green overlay (b).  I left about an 1/8 of an inch gap in between each square.  Leaving the gaps creates the effect of tiles on bathroom floor.  Once that was completed, I cut the overlay so it had an 1/8 of an inch all around as well.  Even though this card was easy to create, a lot can still go wrong.  I hope tomorrow is a better day.  Until next time everyone, happy carding.


Measurement Guide
(a) Card Base:  5.5" by 11"
(b) Overlay:  5.25" by 5.25"
(c)  9 Squares:  1.5" by 1.5" each

No comments:

Post a Comment