Sunday, August 25, 2013

You are simply wonderful!

Today I am trying something new after my friend Chris told me that my blogs have been getting rather wordy with all the dimensions taking up more space then is really necessary.  While I don't believe this to be true, I decided to give it a go and try his advice.  Starting with the card I created for today, I will have a reference sheet/guide at the bottom of each blog.  This will show you (the readers of my blog) the measurements needed for creating your own remarkable creations, without cluttering your mind with lot's of numbers you might forget while reading this fine text.

After spending the day with family and friends to celebrate my dad's birthday, as well as getting more photos taken with our son (aka our dog Bucky); I decided to create an easier card tonight.  Firstly, I cut out the base (a) of my card using a piece of white card stock; I chose this color for it's simplicity and ability to work with all colors.  I then cut out the orange polka dot strip (b) to place on the left-hand side of the card near the main fold in the card.  Once the pieces were cut, I stamped an orange flower from my Mix Bunch Stamp Set.  After stamping the flower, I used my Blossom punch to cut out shape of the flower.  This was a bit of a challenge since I wanted to make sure the border around the flower was even and nothing was cut off.  In reality this is always a challenge for me because it requires a lot attention to detail (which after a long day, I sometimes lack).  Upon completion I stamped "you are simply wonderful" in the lower right-hand corner of the card from the Friendly Phrases Stamp Set.  This card was quite easy to make but after a long weekend it was just what I needed, the school year officially begins in 9 days.  I think I'm ready for it, but only time will tell; as usual until next time everyone, happy carding!


Measurement Guide
(a) Card Base:  10" by 7"
(b) Orange Polka Dot Strip:  1.75" by 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment