Thursday, August 22, 2013

Window Pane Card

Today, I spent a significant about of time in my classroom trying to turn my destruction zone into a quality learning environment.  It seems like just yesterday that I was packing up my classroom for summer vacation and now I am going in reverse and unpacking it for the start of another school year.  I can't wait to be done with this busy body work and I look forward to putting my best foot forward for the upcoming year.  Since I spent the day at school, I lacked motivation to make a more challenging card again tonight.  Once the school year officially starts I think it will be in my best interest to plan out my cards for the week.  This way I avoid cheating on the challenge that I presented myself.  Using a window pane technique, I put my Silhouette to use as I do not have the appropriate punch to complete this card.  I created a square that measured 3-1/4" on each side.  To make the window pane I then drew four 1-1/4" scalloped circles.  The toughest part was lining them up so that each side was evenly space.  A benefit to using my Silhouette I was able to use the rulers as guides and to adjust as need.  Creating an overlay that was the same dimensions as the card base once it was folded in half, helping me emboss an individual piece and not the whole card.  After I embossed the overlay, I cut out another using patterned paper for placement underneath the window pane.  Using dimensionals when adhering the window pane would have been ideal, but unfortunately I left mine at a workshop.  Putting the finishing touches on my card, I punched out four butterflies with the Bitty Butterfly Punch.  To give the effect of butterfly landing I scored each on both sides of the wings then I placed them on the card with adhesive.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment