Saturday, August 24, 2013

Little Bit O' Love

Today I spent a bulk of the day getting Christmas card photos taken by my good friend Chris (who does a 365 of the photo variety, his photos can be viewed via local paparazzi on flickr).  Aside from that I was feeling the love with lot's of kisses from my fiance, I can't wait to see the results of Chris' photo shoot.  While I was feeling the love I decided to carry this over to my card for today.  Although my anniversary isn't for another 3 months, I decided that as anniversaries are a common theme that can always use a good card.  Using a pre-made black base card, which was tied together with a custom cut pink paper I knew I had found the perfect color combination .  To create the heart pattern I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the paper before attaching it to the base with the tape runner.  I then used my Silhouette to cut out the pieces of the moon as well as the tree branch; to create the moon I used three different colors.  Once the parts were put together as a whole a 3-D effect was achieved.  Given the large size of the moon, I had to run the sphere to the edges of my overlay dropping slightly from the top to leave enough space on the bottom to add my word window for my text but we will touch on this later.  I then used the tape runner adhere the tree branch.  Using my Owl punch, I punched out two black owls and adhered them to the card.  I also used my owl punch to punch out the three pink hearts.  Once the owls and hearts were adhered to the card, I used my Modern Label and Word Window punch in order to stamp the salutation onto the card.  Using the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set to stamp "Happy Anniversary."  The card was tied together nicely with all of the different elements used.  Until next time everyone, happy carding.



No comments:

Post a Comment