Thursday, August 1, 2013

Xylophone Card

Today was a long day, so a simple card was in order.  Using what seemed like a rainbow of colors I made a xylophone card.  Using my Silhoutte I cut out the keys from five different colors (all scrapped from previous creations), I opted for no yellow as I felt it would take away from the brads affixed to each key.  I placed the brads in the key using the punch on my Crop-a-Dile.  Using adhesive I then laid out my keys on the white base from largest to smallest, just as you would find on a real xylophone.  With a small gap no more then 1/4 of an inch between each key the instrument was nearly finished.  I then added a mallet laying over the keys, make sure to use the color opposite the key I laid it across.  This way it helped make the mallet pop more against the many colors of the background.  I then stamped "happy birthday in the right hand corner of the card.  Finishing off the card I affixed a black card stock background, which gave a nice solid POP to this easy card.


No comments:

Post a Comment