Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back to School

My ever reliable and always ready Silhouette helped me create today's card.  With lots of little details I knew that with recent cards being mi shaped by poor cutting skills that it was best to leave it to a machine.  Using black and on brown overlay I created a faux chalkboard, in the age we live in I wonder about the age my children (when I have them) will grow up in.  I've seen the advancement of many technologies from white-boards to Smart Boards but the chalkboard is one that brings many memories and smiles to my face.  At the end of the last school year (seems like only yesterday) I received many gifts including a share of apples enough to make a weeks worth, more questions ponder in my head as to who/why what started the long standing tradition of giving the teacher an apple.  While this card was very simple to make, I wish that I could give one to each of my students; both new as well as returning.  On one hand it's unfortunate that I can't because well creating 450 cards would be time consuming as well as very costly, but on the other hand I appreciate everything the students do for me as a teacher.  Even if sometimes we don't see eye to eye, I know that I have touched there lives in a way they will remember for a lifetime.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment