Wednesday, August 28, 2013


After 2 and a half weeks of training and getting my classroom ready, I finally got a day to relax.  It was amazing to say the least.  Even though I got to lay around all day and do basically nothing, I'm still feeling rather wiped out .  I had every intention to make a more challenging card, but the headache that I have had since Saturday decided to rear its ugly head.  But enough about me, time to talk about tonight's remarkable creation.

Today I received my Stampin UP demonstrator starter kit in the mail so I decided to try a few things out like my new trimmer.  After using the same trimmer for so long, it's hard to believe what I was missing; but now I know I won't ever go back.  Using my new trimmer, I then cut out the base of my card and scored in the middle.  Once it was folded, I cut off 1-1/4" from the opening flap so that I could place my flowers along the side.  After I cut the piece off, I used one of my flower stamps from the Mixed Bunch stamping set and stamped 3 of each color that I was using.  I then used the Blossom Punch to cut them out.  I have to admit that the more I use the punch, the easier it is getting to line it up.  After the flowers were punched out, I overlapped them on the card and make sure the second layer was touching the edge of the card.  This card was similar to the one that I made a workshop a few weeks ago, but I wanted to try it with a bigger flower.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!

Measurement Guide
(a)  Card Base:  7" by 10"

No comments:

Post a Comment