Monday, August 12, 2013

Hugs

Unfortunately tonight was another easy card.  It was a long day of training and I am exhausted.  For this card, I used my Silhouette to cut out a white rectangle that measured 11" by 4-1/2".  Then I scored the rectangle at 5-1/2" and fold it in half using the scored line as a guide.  Once the card base was cut out, I cut out a white overlay that measured 5-1/4" by 4".  Then I punched out 25 hexagons using my Creative Memories 1-1/4" hexagon punch.  I punched out 5 hexagons of each pattern paper that I used.  I started by laying a hexagon close to the upper left-hand corner of the paper, but left a little room to put partial hexagons on each side of the whole hexagon.  Then I continued laying down more hexagons until I had a nice pattern going on.  I made sure that no two colors were next to each other.  After I had it all laid out, I went back and placed hexagons were there were any of open areas.  Some of them hung over the edge, but I cut them off after all of the hexagons were glued down.  I decided that I didn't want to glue down one hexagon so I left it in place.  I glued hexagons around the one I wasn't gluing down and later stamped "hugs" in that open area.  Lastly, I cut around the outside of the overlay so that no hexagons were hanging off the edge.  This card could be used for a few different occasions, but I will probably give it to someone that need a pick me up since it is so bright and cheer.  Happy carding everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment