Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Manic Maddness

Another long training day left me tired once more, to be honest I'm not sure how I will survive the school year and this project at the same time.  But I've stayed strong over the last almost 3 months, and kept up with my card a day.  Using a paper trimmer I made a custom cut 5-1/2" by 10" card, after this I made a 4-1/2" by 5" white overlay, then I finished off the main parts by making a grey underlay (measured at 4-3/4" by 5-1/4").  Using a stamp form the same collection I used last night I proceeded to stamp "thank you" in the upper left hand corner with a solid black.  After this I used stamps from the "Manic Madness" (that I received in the mail today), using colors that went nicely together I created a diagonal pattern.  This pattern ran the middle of the right side of the white overlay.  Although I didn't have a good idea for what colors I wanted to use, I managed to make them flow nicely to create a nice pattern.  After stamping up one corner, I decided to finish covering the card, in order to give the effect of partial stamps I used a new technique.  Using a piece of white scrap paper, I placed it flush against the white overlay on the card and proceeded to apply the stamp.  This is a very easy and beneficial technique so that you are not running any overlay or borders you may have created.  While this card was very simple to make I enjoyed making it as a remarkable creation for you to enjoy.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment