Friday, August 23, 2013

Waterfall Card

After a long week of prepping my classroom for the start of the school year, I was very happy to be able to relax from the comforts of my own apartment for a change.  While there was lot's to be done I found myself on track for yet another late night carding adventure.  So let's cut to the chase and go forward with tonight's blog!  My base card measured 4.5" by 5.5" but alas I was not done cutting paper, I also had to include a piece cut to 2" by 9".  For the second piece I scored lines at several marks along the paper (2", 2.75", 3.5, and 4.25"), this was done as it will serve as a flip boxes in the final card.  When I finished cutting and scoring it is now necessary to make another strip of paper measuring 4.25" by .75":  I then lined the card base with patterned paper that measured 4" by 5.25".  I cut out 4 blue squares that were 2" by 2".  Cutting out 4 more squares in white 1-7/8" by 1-7/8".  After my white squares were completed, I stamped a balloon from the Birthday Whismy stamp collection on each.  One of the simplest steps came next, attaching the white squares onto the blue squares.  Using brads I adhered the smaller strip of paper onto my card, this piece will go towards the bottom of the card (the Crop-a-Dile was used to make the holes for the brads).  Taking the large strip and folding along the score lines,  I had to make sure the folds were very flexible so that I was able to pull down the card easily.  After I folded it I needed to slide the longer end under the support and attach the other piece where it meets the bottom of the support.  Placing the squares I created earlier I then put them onto the larger strip of paper using my score marks as a guide.  I put glue on the top of the square so that it was still able to be mobile.  Repeating this process for the other three squares to complete this section of the card.  Once this was completed, I then punched a small hole in the bottom of the strip and tied ribbon on it so the person receiving this card could pull the card down.  After the card was completely down, I stamped "happy birthday and many more" using the same collection as my balloon I placed on the card earlier.  Until next time, happy carding everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment