Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mr. & Mrs.

This week I was asked to make three cards for one of my co-workers from school.  Two of the three cards I already had on hand, so I just had to make a card for a bridal shower.  After tweaking a card that she found on Pinterest I added a bit of flair it to make the design my own.

For this card, I used my reliable Silhouette to cut out all the different pieces that were required.  Using Silhouette Design Studio, I was allowed more freedom and the ability to draw out my towel rack before cutting it.  This was nice since I had to make a few adjustments to make everything fit properly on the card.  Once the towel rack and towels were cut out, I then cut the different color overlays that were needed to complete this card.  After more cutting, I embossed the towels and the purple overlay to give the card a little more texture.  I then added rhinestones to the end of the towel rack to give it more of a 3-D appearance complete with handles.  Once the card was assembled, I wrote "Mr." & "Mrs." on the circle nameplates for the towels.  Completing my card, I used my Word Window and Modern Label punch so that there was a place to stamp my greeting.  Finishing off with the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set to stamp "for your shower," all elements were completed and thus tonight's remarkable creation sits before you.  The card turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head (which is always a good feeling when my head doesn't hurt).  I hope the person that is receiving it enjoys it just as much as I did making it for them.  Until next time, happy carding everyone. :)


Measurement Guide
(a)  White Card Base:  7" by 10"
(b)  Purple Cardstock  Overlay:  6.75" by 4.75"
(c)  Black Cardstock Overlay:  3.5" by 3.5"
(d)  White Cardstock Overlay:  3.25" by 3.25"

No comments:

Post a Comment