Thursday, September 19, 2013

Friendship

After the last few weeks of feeling tired, today was no different, but I found the energy to make a more challenging card then I have in the past few days.  Even though I received my Big Shot in the mail today, I decided to wait to use it until tomorrow when I receive the rest of the toys that go along with it.  Besides receving goodies in the mail today, it was a normal Thursday so let's discuss tonight's creation instead of boring you with today's events.

For tonight's creation, I was inspired by a similar card that I found on Pinterest.  Since one of my friends ordered 18 cards and wanted one of them to have a red theme with a cute friendship quote, I thought the design of the card would be prefect.  Since I now have a trimmer that I really like, I have tried creating the card and the overlay with it.  This will help put less wear and tear on my Silhouette.  After cutting my card and overlay out, I designed two different sized squares using the Silhouette Design Studio. It would have been much easier if I would have had two square punches that were closer in size, but I used what I had.  Once the squares were designed, I search my paper for different shades of reds that went together as well as a sheet of designer paper.  After the paper was chosen, I cut out my squares and adhered them together.  I aligned two of the squares on the overlay so that there was an even amount of space on each side.  I then placed the third square in the middle.  Once the squares were in place, I punched out a butterfly using the Elegant Butterfly Punch.  After all of the elements were adhered to the card, I stamped "a friend is someone who makes it easy" on the bottom of the card.  I really like how tonight's card turned out and how well the shades of red go together.  Until next time, happy carding everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment