Monday, September 9, 2013

Thank You!

After a shortened work with Labor Day taking away Monday last week, I wasn't quite sure what to expect going into another week of school.  Turns out it was quite a manic Monday, keeping busy with meetings and a full day of teaching at school I had little time to myself when I got home.  It seemed as quickly as I arrived home, I had to turn around and run back out the door to go to Baraboo.  I was officially orientated as Stampin Up Demonstrator today, which while it was a time consuming process to learn new things after the day that was a Monday at school: I was thankful to be given the opportunity to learn something new.  Enough of the chatter and onward with the skinny on tonight's remarkable creation.

Using my Silhouette, I cut out all the required pieces for the card.  As this was the simplest part of tonight's creation I wonder what it would be like if I didn't have a Silhouette.  My hands would ache, and I'm certain the blogs would be a lot shorter (thus hands aching from card cutting).  Once the pieces were cut out I then used my butterfly stamp and made three equal butterflies to place on the card.  After punching the butterflies I scored them down the middle to give them a more 3-D appearance to essentially let them flutter off the card into the summer night.  I then used a custom cut light blue overlay and began placing them onto the card.  While the final card was a modification of what I had envisioned through a card I pinned on Pinterest, I was quite satisfied with the results.  There are few areas that I can see room for improvement, but for a 30 minute card it's not half bad if I do say so myself.  Onto bed until next time, happy carding everyone :)




No comments:

Post a Comment